SISTERS :-)

SISTERS :-)

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Fun day with a rough ending......

Well, I knew better than to let this happen after all the reading I've been doing but I let it happen and I'm upset with myself about it. Harley has been grieving and asking to go home and we've been telling her that we are a family now and she's staying with us forever, we will love her always and that everything will be okay. We've had the ups and downs but more ups than downs so I let my guard down. The much needed break I got yesterday was a non-stop barrage of whining and wanting to leave directed at Mike instead of me. This was in a different form than I got with the crying and clinging. She was just plain saying it and waiving off anything we even tried to say back to reassure her that this is the way life will be now. I guess she thought she was talking to a brick wall with me and Mike and went on to the next "victim"-- Mei-Ru our facilitator. We hung out at the zoo with her all day and actually had a really great time. Harley really came out of her shell and was enjoying the animals and freedom to run and have fun away from "those people" that won't listen to her. Well, the end of the day was extremely rough for her. Mei-Ru was telling her that she had to come back to the hotel with us.....sorry babydoll, that's just the way it is. At the zoo, she was able to be away, pull away and talk Mandarin with Mei-Ru and feel somewhat normal. A non-frustrated communication issue that she has with us. That consistency that we started took a big step backwards but I hope it's one we can recover from pretty quickly. We managed to literally unhook her fingers and arms from Mei-Ru and decided to take a walk around the block past the hotel entrance but Harley recognized the entrance, pointed to it and we realized that she knew exactly where she was and that we were supposed to be going there. Once we were in, she was quiet and clingy again and went down pretty quietly, sleeping very soundly still even with one butt-cheek exposed because her poor tiny little butt is too small for the 2T/3T panties I got for her before we left thinking they would fit just fine :)

Enough - all in all it was a really fun day and she smiled more and laughed and had some fun with Melanie, too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike and Nancy, you guys are the best parents I have ever seen. If anyone can get through this transition time without a scratch it would be you guys. We love you guys.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there guys, I know you can do it. Love and Miss you all.

Anonymous said...

We miss you but are so enjoying the pictures and blogs. I hope you all have a great time. Looks like Melanie is a very good big sister!! Denise